Hornet Power will begin on Monday, June 15th starting at 8am-9am and from 5pm-6pm. Strength and conditioning exercises will be held Monday, Wednesday and Friday for the time being, subject to MHSAA and government guidelines and procedures. The following restrictions will be in place for this phase of reopening athletics.
- Pre-workout Screening: Coach will conduct/fill out the “Health Screening Check In” tool prior to each session for each participant. This process includes having the body temperature taken with a touchless thermometer. and recorded if their temperature is above 100.3. If any of these answers to the health screening are “YES”, the individual shall not be allowed to participate on that day and for at least 10 days and must be symptom free for at least three days before participation. Parents are to be notified directly by the coach when a player reports or shows symptoms.
- Emphasize hand washing and use of hand sanitizer daily.
- Gyms and weight rooms are to remain closed. Sessions are to take place outdoors and participants are to remain outside. (Exception: Implementation of Emergency Operations Plans.)
- Outdoor activities are available with individuals up to 100. The head count will include all coaches or other people present. Social distancing rules of at least 6 feet between individuals must be enforced during these activities. (Please note in your practice plans how you intend to do this.) Otherwise masks will be required.
- There shall not be any sharing/exchange of athletic equipment at this time. (dummies, golf clubs, etc…) Balls will be allowed, but must be sanitized as permitted during the activity.
- Each participant shall have their own water bottles to ensure proper hydration. (Water fountains and the school’s reusable water bottles will not be an available source at this time).
- As the athletes have not had any organized activities in the last 10 weeks, general conditioning is highly recommended before getting into sport specific drills and activities.
FALL 2020 COACH CONTACT INFORMATION
- Cheerleading (Women), Tara Scott, Tara.Scott@hillsdaleschools.org, TEAMApp Search: Hillsdale Hornet Cheer, No Smartphone: visit hillsdalehornetcheer.teamapp.com
- Cross Country (Men/Women), Danielle Salisbury, Danielle.Salisbury@hillsdaleschools.org, rmd.at/dsalisbu, text @dsalisbu to 81010
- Football (Men), Marc Lemerand, Marc.Lemerand@hillsdaleschools.org
- Golf (Women), Nick Tucker, Nick.Tucker@hillsdaleschools.org
- Soccer (Men), James Wolodkin, James.Wolodkin@hillsdaleschools.org, text @afddg3 to 81010
- Tennis (Men), Scott Phillips, Scott.Phillips@hillsdaleschools.org
- Volleyball (Women), Jose Gonzalez, Jose.Gonzalez@hillsdaleschools.org, text @gonzalezto to 81010
Mr. Dave Pratt, Athletic Director517-439-4320 x 1413HORNET ATHLETIC PASSGet your Hornet Athletic Pass today! Call: Hillsdale Athletic Department 439-4320 x 1413. They are on sale now in the HHS Athletic Office Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. - noon and 1-3 p.m. Family passes are $125; Student passes are $40 and Adult passes are $55. These passes will admit you into every home athletic event for the high school and middle school. (Excluding tournaments & MHSAA sponsored events.)