Free Meal Information Household Income Report
To fill out an application for Free and reduced price meals online please go to: https://hillsdale.familyportal.cloud
Please sign in as "guest"
To print a 2020-2021 Free and reduced meal application with instructions click this link: https://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,4615,7-140-66254_50144_94240_94245-508146--,00.html
Free and reduced meal applications in Spanish and Arabic are available upon request.
Important tips to remember!
- A new application should be filled out at the beginning of each school year.
- Each child will be charged the full price for meals until the application has been approved. Although we try to process the applications quickly, this may take up to 10 days.
- Parents are responsible for all charges incurred before the application has been approved. Please plan to send a packed lunch if you feel that you may not be able to pay the full price for meals.
- Free or reduced price meal status is not retroactive to any date prior to the approval of the application.
- If your child received free or reduced meals at Hillsdale Community Schools during the previous year, that status will carry over for 30 days into the current year. You must have an application approved prior to to the end of those 30 days to prevent a lapse in benefits
- Be very specific about income when completing the application. Be sure to indicate how often each income is received.
- Incomplete applications will be returned for information. This delays the process and could mean a lapse in benefits for your child.
- Be sure to sign the application and provide the last four digits of your social security number
- Each year, 3% of the applications on file must be verified. The applications are chosen randomly and you will be notified by mail if income information needs to be provided. This process begins in early October and is completed by mid-November.
- If your household receives food stamps, your case number, not bridge card number, must be included . Please do not hesitate to call with any questions about free or reduced price meals. Contact Laura Call at 689-1342