WHAT WE STAND FOR
- To provide opportunities for working together in service to school and community.
- To develop leadership potential.
- To foster the development of strong moral character.
- To encourage loyalty to school, community and nation.
To develop competent, capable, caring leaders through the vehicle of service.
Builders Club is an international student-led organization providing members with opportunities to perform service, build character and develop leadership.
- Character building: The ability to do the right thing, even when it might be the unpopular choice.
- Leadership: The ability to listen, communicate, serve and guide others.
- Inclusiveness: Accepting and welcoming differences in other people.
- Caring: The act of being concerned about or interested in other people or situations.
"I pledge on my honor to uphold the objects of Builders Club. To better my school, my community, my nation, and myself. To aid those in need while enhancing leadership capabilities, and to encourage the fellowship of all mankind."
WHO WE ARE
Builders Club is the largest service organization for middle school and junior high students, with more than 45,000 members worldwide.
Members learn to work together and develop servant-leaders skills as they serve their school and community. In partnership with UNICEF and March of Dimes, the clubs are able to expand their outreach to babies and children of the world.
The first Builders Club was chartered in 1975. Today, there are more than 1,600 clubs in Aruba, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Canada, Italy, Jamaica, Korea, Martinique, Netherlands Antilles, Philippines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, and the United States.
Builders Club is a student-led community service organization that operates under school regulations and draws its members from the student body. Community-based Builders Clubs can also be established at churches, libraries, Boys & Girls Clubs, YMCAs, lodges or similar facilities. A Kiwanis club, composed of like-minded, service-oriented people from the community, serves as the club’s sponsor.
Builders Club is structured on the local club level but is supported by the Kiwanis International Office in Indianapolis, Indiana, which provides guidelines, programs, and opportunities to relate to teenagers from countries worldwide.